There are legal requirements that you MUST consider when choosing to occupy a commercial premises:
- Planning permission must be granted for the purpose to which you are using the property.
- Fire, health and safety, as well as building regulations MUST be complied with.
- The health and safety of all employees and visitors to the building is your responsibility.
- The working premises must be within suitable conditions – i.e. appropriate temperatures, comfort, access to toilet facilities etc.
- Licences may be necessary for the operation of certain activities on the premises – i.e. the selling of alcohol etc.
- The local community and environment must be considered – particularly with delivery times, waste disposal etc.
- If you have any doubts over your legal obligations, please contact a solicitor direct.